poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: SUMIFS function
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 11:51:38 GMT

I think - emphasise think - that your only option is to request an
enhancement from the developers as I cannot seem to find a work around.

>From what I have found through digging around the javadocs, each of Excel's
functions has a matching concrete class in the
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.formula.functions package. I would imagine that
is accompanied somewhere by a list of recognised function names and their
accompanying formats and that changes will have to be made in both areas to
support the SUMIFS function. If I am correct, SUMIFS was introduced in more
recent versions of Excel and has simply not been added into the API as no
one has yet requested it.