poi-user mailing list archives

From Biju <bijumaill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to convert characterRun.getColor() to RGB
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2009 01:33:02 GMT
My previous mail contain some VBA code and a HTML content.
First part of my mail explained how to generate that VBA code and HTML.

Now I will explain how you can use them to find equivalent html color
for a Excel colorIndex.

Method 1
1. Save the HTML content I send you to excel_color.html file.
2. open firefox
3. Install "Computed style" on your firefox toolbar from
    https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/webdevel.html
4. open excel_color.html in firefox
5. run "Computed style" bookmarklet by clicking it.
6. now you get a "cross" cursor.
7. click a cell you want know the RBG color code.
   - say top left column
   - which in excel is equvalent to A1
8. you see a new window opens and list CSS property
9. one of the CSS propery says "background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0)"
   - now you got the RBG values
10. goto VBA code
11. then search for "A1"
12. you will reach following line
   Range("A1").Select
   With Selection.Interior
       .ColorIndex = 1
       .Pattern = xlSolid
   End With
13. from that you can Identyfy the .ColorIndex = 1

Method 2.
1. Save the HTML content I send you to excel_color.html file.
2. open it in a note pad
3. Identify the HTML code which for a cell (say A1)
   - In this case it is

        style='height:12.75pt;width:48pt'>&nbsp;</td>

4. Identify its class
   in this case "xl223297"

5. search html file again for style definition of "xl223297"
   - you see
   .xl223297
       {padding-top:1px;
       padding-right:1px;
       padding-left:1px;
       mso-ignore:padding;
       color:windowtext;
       font-size:10.0pt;
       font-weight:400;
       font-style:normal;
       text-decoration:none;
       font-family:Arial;
       mso-generic-font-family:auto;
       mso-font-charset:0;
       mso-number-format:General;
       text-align:general;
       vertical-align:bottom;
       background:black;
       mso-pattern:auto none;
       white-space:nowrap;}

6. Identify CSS attribute for "background"
   - here it is "background:black;"

7. Now find RBG from table at
   http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-color/#svg-color

8. Now goto VBA code

9. Search for "A1"
   - you reach
   Range("A1").Select
   With Selection.Interior
       .ColorIndex = 1
       .Pattern = xlSolid
   End With

10. below that you see ".ColorIndex = 1"
    - that is equvalent Excel color code.