poi-user mailing list archives

From "Dobson, Paul L CTR USAF AFMC 416 SCMS/OBN" <Paul.Dob...@HILL.af.mil>
Subject XSSFWorkbook locks file, unable to unlock
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 19:30:44 GMT
I am trying to read an excel 2007 document, modify it, and write it back
out to the same file. When I instantiate XSSFWorkbook, the operating
system (windows XP) will not allow me to change the file until the java
program closes.  I've tried everything I can think of to get the file to
release.  The lock even exists long after my XSSFWorkbook object is out
of scope.

What I am trying to do is simple.

String masterpath = "some valid path on my C drive";

XSSFWorkbook wb = new XSSFWorkbook(masterPath);

--change a few cell values

wb.write(out);  //Fails because the file is locked.

Any ideas?