poi-user mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: HSLF passing
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:35:34 GMT
Willis C White wrote:

> It is my understanding that POI-HSLF does not parse complex objects
> (clip art, word art) from a PowerPoint files.

Basically, clip art is a picture shape and word art is a simple shape. Iterate over Slide's
shapes and check what
Shape.getShapeName() returns. Clip art should be Picture objects, word art should be AutoShape
objects.

Word art shapes should have special properties that describe the text curvature, etc. For
now you have to examine it
using low-level accessors. Grab EscherOptRecord and see what's inside. This way you can figure
out what shape it is.

Yegor