poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: How to convert characterRun.getColor() to RGB
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:11:38 GMT

OK, I understand and you are quite correct about Linux and OLE - I believe it
is down to the those .dll's that Microsoft so loves - although there is an
exciting project called Wine that does offer the promise of bridging this
gap so to speak. At the moment it is not mature enough to use in a
production environment in my opinion.

Another option could be OpenOffice but I would have reservations. Whilst it
does do quite a good job of rendering Word documents, I cannot promise the
rendering of complex ones would be totally accurate. Furthermore, the UNO
interface is quite a challenge to master and there are problems using
OpenOffice as a document server in a distributed environment. Maybe it is
best to see if you could patch HWPF to expose the colour table as Nick
suggested.