poi-user mailing list archives

From Stephyn Butcher <steve.butc...@comcast.net>
Subject Embedding charts in PPT
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 00:02:11 GMT
Dear list,

I have a requirement to embed a user editable chart in a PPT
presentation using only Java on Linux. A fall-back position would be
to embed an image of that chart in the PPT presentation.

However, I found this discussion from 11/2007:

I know this probably sounds old fashioned, but would it not be
possible to
use OLE - could you simply embed the Excel chart as an object into the
PPT
slide?

Yegor Kozlov  wrote: Hi,

 > 1. Create chart using Excel.
 > 2. Export the chart to PPT slide as an image.

To link steps 1 and 2 you need to convert the Excel chart into an
image. Unfortunately there is no way in POI to export/render Excel
charts into images.

Regards,
Yegor
My question whether this is still true. Is there no way to directly
put a chart into PPT using POI?
Cheers,
Steve