poi-user mailing list archives

From Cheong Kok Kik <kokkik.che...@streamsolutions.com.sg>
Subject Formula value displayed inconsistently
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:27:14 GMT
Hi,

I'm using poi-3.2-FINAL-20081019.jar, poi-contrib-3.2-FINAL-20081019.jar,
poi-scratchpad-3.2-FINAL-20081019.jar.

I've a spreadsheet (quite a complicated spreadsheet) with multiple worksheets.
My objective is to update few cell within worksheet A, and then read out the
content of worksheet Z.

In worksheet Z, it has a cell Z1 some basic formula which has this formula
'=IF(A20="","",D20+M20+N20)',
And N20 is actually pointing to another worksheet with some formula
'=WorksheetX!I23'.
And cell WorksheetX!I23 is having formula of
'=IF(WorksheetX!A23="","",(WorksheetW!F8)*DTABLE!FB8)'

There are more complicated formula and few more level deeper, but POI has been
successfully reading it out except this one.

The problem is cell Z1 returns nothing(through POI), but on Excel spreadsheet it
has correct value displayed. My further investigation found out that N20
basically return nothing, causing the summation of D20 + M20 + N20 to return
nothing. Then i further test on reading WorksheetX!I23, it's returning nothing
(through POI). What puzzle me is the formula in WorksheetX!I23, when copied to
another cell, it does return a correct value and could be read by POI. So,
there's not problem with the formula as it could be read, but why it can't read
it from cell WorksheetX!I23?