poi-user mailing list archives

From rahali <rahali.hic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't read excel 2003 xls file
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2009 00:22:09 GMT

i devlope a j2ee application with struts2 and jsp2 technology, i'm under xp
service pack2, and my browsers are firfox, IE.

*my IDE is eclipse 3.2.1.

my java code is :

String fs = System.getProperty("file.separator");

 POIFSFileSystem fs1 = new POIFSFileSystem(new FileInputStream(
ServletActionContext.getServletContext().getRealPath("") + fs +
 "template" + fs + fileName));
 HSSFWorkbook wb1 = new HSSFWorkbook(fs1, true);

 pResponse.setHeader("Content-Disposition",
 "attachment;filename="+fileName);
 pResponse.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");
 // Write the output
 OutputStream out = pResponse.getOutputStream();
 wb1.write(out);
 out.close();

i want just to load a file from my browser.

the input file hase colors, styles, borders .... (formattting)

but the output file lost its formatting.

accuelly, am using poi-3.0-alpha2-20060616.jar

i found that, others have the same probleme:
http://www.nabble.com/XSSFWoorkbook.write()-problem-td21071450.html

to circumvent  my problem : I associate xls extension to OpenOffice.
then, when i load the file, its opened with OpenOffice.