poi-user mailing list archives

From "Jari Niskala" <j...@kadonk.com>
Subject POIFSFileSystem IOException
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 18:53:53 GMT
Hi,

I have customer file that causes an java.io.IOException: Cannot remove
block[ 11024 ]; out of range[ 0 - 9406 ] when trying to create a
POIFSFileSystem for it. E.g. POIFSFileSystem fs = new POIFSFileSystem(is);

I don't have a stacktrace yet, but I can get that as well. As an even better
option, the customer has given approval for submitting the problematic file
for debugging purposes.

This problem is seen with poi-3.2-FINAL-20081019 as well as with the latest
poi-3.5-beta4-20081128.jar.

The file in question is a MS Project 2007 file and re-saving the file in MS
Project 2007 doesn't clear this issue so it seems more persistent than some
of the temporary issues we have seen in the past where re-saving the file
clears the issue.

This file can be successfully opened in MS Project. Let me know if you can
help and I can send the file as well.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Best regards,

Jari Niskala