poi-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Andrews <pythonadd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: getting records from hssfsheet
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 08:40:11 GMT
Feel free to ignore me because I could very well be wrong as I have never used the api to handle
charts but I do not believe that you want to use either the LabelRecord or LabelSSTRecord.
The javadoc for the former says this;

Label Record (0x0204) - read only support for strings stored directly in the cell..  Don't
 use this (except to read), use LabelSST instead

Whilst the latter - IMO - functions more like the String class in Java referring to shared
strings and these may not have any connection with the labels on a charts axis. Even if it
did, how will you be able to distinguish what is a label and what a string with some other
function or purpose?

There is an HSSFChart class in the api but that does not offer what you are seeking and after
a good search through the documentation, I am beginning to doubt that there is support yet
for exactly what you want to accomplish.

Read all of the above with some scepticism though as I could well be wrong. The other thing
you could do is to go to the archive and manually page through looking to see if anyone else
has managed to accomplkish this task rather than wait here for someone else to respond. Follow
this link;

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/poi-user/

and then look through the messages for the last few months. In my experience the titles give
a very good indication of what you wiull find discussed inside and although quite dull, the
process is pretty quick.