poi-user mailing list archives

From "Knudsen, Joe" <Joe.Knud...@state.mn.us>
Subject RE: green corner in a cell warning about a number formatted as text
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 13:33:23 GMT
>From Excel I can tell it to ignore the error on a cell by cell basis and
it seems to remember that.  I was wondering if that is stored in the
spreadsheet and I can set that flag via POI?

-----Original Message-----
From: Knudsen, Joe
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 8:31 AM
To: 'POI Users List'
Subject: green corner in a cell warning about a number formatted as text

Can anyone help in getting rid of the green corner in a cell warning
about, "Number Stored as Text".  I would like to use the Cells as Text.
I have set the Data Format and that seems to working, but I still get
the warning in Excel.  I see that I can turn off the warning in Excel
but I was hoping I could do something in POI to get rid of the warning.
Any ideas?

dataStyle.setDataFormat(HSSFDataFormat.getBuiltinFormat("text"));

Thanks,

Joe