poi-user mailing list archives

From "krishnanand thiyadath" <atkrishnaan...@gmail.com>
Subject regarding adding comments
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 19:52:52 GMT
Hi Pierre,

I have a excel file which is created using MS Excel application. I am trying
to read and do some modification in this file using POI. I have facing some
problem in that.

I am using the following code, to add comments to a already existing cell in
a sheet.
In the same sheet, i also have a cell which acts as a drop down ( I mean a
cell with data validation type list and referring a named range).

 File f = new File(filePath);
 FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream(f);
 POIFSFileSystem fs = new POIFSFileSystem(fis);
 HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook(fs);

 HSSFSheet sheet = wb.getSheetAt(0);
 HSSFPatriarch patr = sheet.createDrawingPatriarch();
 HSSFCell cell = sheet.getRow(1).getCell(1);
 HSSFComment comment = patr.createComment(new HSSFClientAnchor(0, 0, 0, 0,
(short)1, 2, (short) 2, 4));
 comment.setString(new HSSFRichTextString("Comments Added"));
 cell.setCellComment(comment);

 FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream(new
File("D://temp//test.xls"));
 wb.write(fos);
 fos.close();

Finally after writing the file to a new location, when i open the file and
see, the data in the drop down is lost and i am not getting the drop down
arrow also.

Can you please help me on this.

If you need any information, please let me know.

--
with thanks,
krishnanand.