poi-user mailing list archives

From mond ...@mond.me.uk>
Subject Slide templates and layout
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 16:08:34 GMT
Hi

Two related questions:

1). When I create a new slideshow based upon an existing template, adding a
title to a slide does not place it correctly. I guess that it doesn't adhere
to the layout template, which leads me on to my next question...

2). How do you create a slide based upon the slide layout templates that you
get in PP? E.g. title slide, title and text, title 2-column text. Since when
I create a new slideshow from an existing PP template using HSLF and add
slides, I would have to make sure all the alignment was consistent across
the deck and it would likely not look the same as presentations created
using PP normally (like above).

E.g. It would be really nice to create a new slide based upon a title and
text template using code like:

ppt = new SlideShow(new HSLFSlideShow("H:\\doc\\tmp.pot"))
s1 = new SlideTextAndTitle("Title", "Here\rAre\rSome\rBullet\rPoints")
ppt.add(s1)
ppt.save("C:\\slideshow.ppt")

Does something like this exist? How do these slide layouts work in PP? Are
they based upon parameters set when designing the template? If so, can they
be extracted to be used in creating the textboxes in SlideTextAndTitle
above?

Thanks,