poi-user mailing list archives

From Ruchi Agrawal <ruchiagraw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Not null cell returns null
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 16:53:32 GMT
have to send this again due to some format probs earlier.

I have a sheet where the data looks something like .col1 and col2 are headers
col1 col2
xyz (265.3457)

When using the below code i can not get the row to return me the correct value for  cell
"xyz". row.getCell(0) below always returns a null even tho this cell 0 on row 1 has the value
"xyz". Even the row.cellIterator(); returns only one cell i.e the -265.3457 and does not
return "xyz" . Can someone please suggest what is it that i am doing wrong.

HSSFRow row = sheet.getRow(1);
System.out.println(row.getCell(0));
System.out.println(row.getCell(0));
java.util.Iterator<HSSFCell> it = row.cellIterator();

output from above
null
-265.3457

Thanks