poi-user mailing list archives

From vareks <varadish.kusuman...@edfenergy.com>
Subject poi formula evaluation returns 700% instead of #DIV/0!
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 21:36:38 GMT

Hi,
I am facing a problem with formula cells.

We are using POI V3.1 in our web app. Our application populates an xls
template(stored on server) and sends this to the browser.

Generally if any formula cell is dividing by zero, Excel displays the error
message like '#DIV/0!', but when I use POI to generate the sheet, it
displays '700%'.
One interesting thing is it doesnt happen this on all machines.
this happens when we try to download and open the report on systems with Win
XP/MS Office 2002.  but works fine when the report is opened with
Vista/Office2007 machines.

Is there a dependency of operating system or MS office version to use this
POI? any ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
cheers