poi-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Andrews <pythonadd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: MS Publisher?
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 05:54:08 GMT
I have never used Publisher so forgive me please if this is a stupid question but is it possible,
when using Publisher, to save a file in a different format? If so, is it possible to use VBA
for example to create a macro in Publisher as you can in Excel or Word?

If the answer to both of these questions is yes, would it be possible to create a macro that
opened a file for you and then saved it in a different format? If this is possible then it
may also be possible to, for example, force the macro to loop through all of the files in
a directory.

Finally, have you searched for ActiveX controls? There are certainly controls that support
the manipulation of PDF files and there may be ones that allow you to manipulate Publisher
files.

--- On Thu, 8/7/08, Dmitry Goldenberg <DGoldenberg@attivio.com> wrote:
From: Dmitry Goldenberg <DGoldenberg@attivio.com>
Subject: MS Publisher?
To: "user@poi.apache.org" <user@poi.apache.org>
Date: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 6:55 AM

Hello,

Does anyone know of an API to get at the metadata and content of MS Publisher
files (.pub)?  Or as an alternative, is there a way to programmatically convert
them to PDF, Word, or HTML?  I'm aware of things like PrimoPDF but they
don't seem to offer an API or an exe I could use.

Are any of the POI contributors currently working on .pub support?

Thanks for any info.
- Dmitry