poi-user mailing list archives

From Tapan Ghia <tapanghia...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Unmerge cells : for a complete Excel Sheet
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 13:29:51 GMT
Hey..

I have an Excel Sheet and when I try to do operations like Sorting on some columns , and this
gives me a merged cells Error, which does not allow me to sort the Excel sheets .
The exact error says:
The cell range that you attempted to sort or remove duplicates from includes merged cells.
However not all cells in the range are merged to the same size.
To complete this operation, unmerge all the merged cells in the range, or make each group
of merged cells the same size as the largest group.

As I am generating these Excel Sheets programatically I want to unmerge all the cells in the
Excel Sheet in the code itself.

Can please someone suggest me an efficient and easy way to do this??

Thanks