poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: Question on header/footer extraction
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:51:56 GMT
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Dmitry Goldenberg wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to extract headers and footers from Office docs.
> I see there's a way of doing this for Excel but I do not see anything
> for Word or PPT.  The only thing I found that looks related is
> org.apache.poi.hdf.model.hdftypes.HeaderFooter which seems to hold some
> index information - is there a way to correlate that into the actual
> headers and footers?

I think there's some partial hwpf code in bugzilla, but it wasn't finished
enough to be applied to svn. It might prove a good starting point, and if
it works, I'll be happy to apply that :)

It might be worth checking the new binary file format docs, to see how the
word headers and footers get stored, so you can figure out what bit of the
code is closest to doing what you need / point you should extend from

Nick