poi-user mailing list archives

From "Dobson, Paul L CTR USAF AFMC 416 SCMS/OBN" <Paul.Dob...@HILL.af.mil>
Subject RE: invalid xml generated from Sheet.setColumnWidth
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:33:33 GMT
I went to file a bug.  There is no version for POI Past 3.0 Dev.  I need
3.5Beta1.  There is also no option to select Component of XSSF, only
HSSF.  Am I in the right place to submit a bug?  I am at:

https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=POI

Am I at the right place?  If so, what should I select for version and
component?

Thanks.

Paul Dobson

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Burch [mailto:nick@torchbox.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:17 AM
To: POI Users List
Subject: Re: invalid xml generated from Sheet.setColumnWidth

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, Dobson, Paul L CTR USAF AFMC 416 SCMS/OBN wrote:
> I am using poi-3.5-beta1-20080718 to create xlsx documents.  I ran
into
> what I think is a small bug (with an easy workaround).
>
> It seems to be invalid because in excel 2007, the first column is
column
> 1, not column 0.  I believe the binary excel treats column 0 as the
> first column.

I think this bug may be more general, and apply to more of our column
related functions. My feeling is that our methods should continue to
use 0 as the first column (as in hssf), then translate that into 1 based

column numbers as needed for the xml.

It'll need a little bit of thought, and quite a few unit tests though!
It'd probably be worth you opening a new bug in bugzilla, so we can
track
this easily and you get notified once it's fixed :)

Nick