poi-user mailing list archives

From jo...@muehlencord.de
Subject Re: POI next release......
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:14:35 GMT
Hi Bhushan,

we use a simple workaround. We create a template file using excel. All
charts are already added, the data is outside the print area. Then we load
the excel via POI, overwrite the data into the hidden fields --> the charts
becomes updated. Afterwards the file is saved under another filename. Works
very well - we do have some issues with updating formulas because they do
not recalculate all the time. But this should be fixed with 3.1 (we still
use 3.0). A simple workaround for this is a macro inside the template which
refreshes all data when openening the file.

Regards
Joern