poi-user mailing list archives

From George Weller <gwel...@markem-imaje.com>
Subject Colours in HWPF documents?
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 17:52:17 GMT
Hi,

I'm having fun with HWPF (scratchpad-3.1-beta2-20080526). Despite its rather
rough state I'm impressed with the results I can get from it. I'm hoping to
create a very crude CMS by converting Word Documents to HTML on the fly. I
only really want read documents and get basic formatting, so the current state
of the project is pretty much usable for me!

Anyway, I need to be able to read colours from the document. I notice that
CharacterRun.getColor() returns an ID or something along those lines rather
than an actual colour value. Is there an internal colour table in the document
that I can reference? How does this work?

If this hasn't been implemented yet, can some perhaps explain how it might be
done?

Thanks very much,
George