poi-user mailing list archives

From Andy Chien <hsiangan.ch...@utoronto.ca>
Subject Re: EventUserModel - Getting the Formula String from FormulaRecord and Setting Formula
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 13:42:32 GMT
I think I found out what is going on, the following is just a suspicion
but I have not had enough time to trace through the source code.

POI is having trouble parsing inter-sheet references because the
Workbook Object is not supplied.

Original -----
FormulaParser.toFormulaString(Workbook book, java.util.List lptgs)

On Example -----
FormulaParser.toFormulaString(null, frec.getParsedExpression())

Therefore the syntax like the above (in the example suggested by Nick
earlier) does not work while parsing inter-sheet references.

It seems that workbook is a lower level data structure container in
HSSFworkbook. Even though a method in usermodel
HSSFWorkbook.getWorkbook() gets it it is not easily accessible by the
eventusermodel because you would have to fall back to usermodel (which
gobbles up memory on large excel file and defeats the purpose of
eventusermodel).

If anybody can shed some light, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Andy Chien