poi-user mailing list archives

From mxrblind <mxrbl...@gmail.com>
Subject Excel gets stuck with textboxes
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:29:34 GMT

Hi!! well, I can't insert a HSSFTextbox into a excel File. I can create it
but when I try to open it excel gets frozen. :sleep:

here's my code:

public void testTextBox(){
    try{
        HSSFWorkbook hwb = new HSSFWorkbook();
        HSSFSheet sheet = hwb.createSheet("new sheet");
        HSSFPatriarch patriarch = sheet.createDrawingPatriarch();
        HSSFTextbox textbox1 = patriarch.createTextbox
        (new HSSFClientAnchor(0,0,0,0,(short)1,1,(short)2,2));
        textbox1.setString(new HSSFRichTextString("text string") );
        FileOutputStream fileOut = new FileOutputStream
        ("c:\\createBox.xls");
        hwb.write(fileOut);
        fileOut.close();
        System.out.println("Your excel file has been generated");
     } catch ( Exception ex ) {System.out.println("Error:
"+ex.getMessage());}
    }

Why is this happening? thanks!!