poi-user mailing list archives

From "Ylva Degerfeldt" <ylva.degerfe...@gmail.com>
Subject Is POI-HWPF really the best way to extract text from Word files?
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:45:19 GMT
Hi everyone,

Maybe I shouldn't ask this on this mailing list but I'm about to start
on a project where I'm going to extract different keywords from Word
files in the most common formats (like 97 - 2003) and I'd like to know
before I start if using POI-HWPF really is the best way to do that.

The thing is.. I think I have found another way to do it: Oracle's
Clean Content SDK. Has anyone tried this? I was just wondering if it's
worth the time and effort to dig deeper into that or if I should
simply decide that POI-HWPF is the best solution and forget about the
other one. (I have a bit of a tight schedule so that's why I'm
asking.)

Thanks in advance,

Ylva