poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: Processing word documents recursively
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:51:11 GMT
On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Yury Batrakov wrote:
> How do you think, if HWPFDocument or some other class cycled through
> document content, extracted it's embedded documents and provided an
> iterator to them, would it fit POI design? Is it ok to submit bugzilla's
> issue for that?

It might be, but certainly something to make it easier to get at embeded
documents ought to be

I'd suggest opening a bugzilla entry, and uploading your sample file. If
you happen to have any other kinds of embeded documents (eg word
containing excel or something like that), upload that too, so we've got a
few different examples to work with. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out
a sensible solution from looking at a few of those

Nick