poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: resending : how do i extract bulleted lists from word document
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:52:31 GMT
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, vemuri phani wrote:
> I have a word document and I have some bulleted text in it. I want to
> extract the text from it and at the same time I want to distinguish text
> that appears in bulleted list from the one that doesn't. In other words,
> I am looking to get all the bulleted lists that are present in a
> range/paragraph, the get to the type of bullets used ( if possible) and
> finally to the text.

Have you tried getting the paragraph, fetching the style for it, then
checking the properties on that?

Otherwise, I'd suggest doing a simple file, one paragraph. Save that, then
take a copy and turn bullets on. Compare the two files with
poifs.dev.POIFSViewer, spot which bit holds the bullet info, then tweak
hwpf to expose that to you

Nick