poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject RE: Read->Modify->Write
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:35:00 GMT
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, Jari Niskala wrote:
> What we're trying to accomplish is to be able to take a project file,
> make some modifications to it and then save it, all using the
> POIFSFileSystem.
>
> However, the problem below occurs if I merely open the Project with
> POIFS, write it to another file with POIFS without any modifications and
> then try to re-open the file using POIFS.

Hmm, that's quite odd. You ought to be able to do that without problems.
Can you confirm it's happening with 3.0.2 final?

If so, your best bet is to upload the problem file to bugzilla. I'll
happily then wrap it in a quick failing unit test, then we just need one
of our resident ole2 experts to take a look and spot what's wrong...

> Here is the code that causes the problem... is there something I should
> be doing differently? I've tried a more manual read/write approach as
> well with the same results...

Your code does look fine to me

Nick