poi-user mailing list archives

From "Chaudhary, Harsh" <HCHAU...@amfam.com>
Subject Out of memory errors in JBoss
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:04:14 GMT
Hi,

I am using POI to generate fairly large XML files (the row count could
be from 50,000 to 500,000 rows). I had a prototype up and running using
WebSphere (JDK 1.4) and everything was fine. Then we were asked to port
it to run on JBoss (JDK 1.5). Now, the very same code does not work. I
have pasted the exception below. Would anyone know if this is a known
issue or any fixes or work arounds for this? I am not sure as to what
information would be helpful to resolve this. So, please let me know if
I should include any specific bits of code. The code right now is pretty
simple. It just writes out numbers in each row, like:
1	1	1	1
2	2	2	2
3	3	3	3
4	4	4	4

That is, there is no weird calculations or anything involved. Just that
the file size is pretty big.

I would appreciate any help in this?

Thanks,
HC.

EXCEPTION:
14:48:46,232 ERROR [[testservlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet
testservlet threw exception

at java.nio.CharBuffer.wrap(CharBuffer.java:350)

at java.nio.CharBuffer.wrap(CharBuffer.java:373)

at java.lang.StringCoding$CharsetSD.decode(StringCoding.java:188)

at java.lang.StringCoding.decode(StringCoding.java:228)

at java.lang.StringCoding.decode(StringCoding.java:234)

at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:458)

at org.jboss.logging.util.LoggerStream.write(LoggerStream.java:144)

at org.jboss.logging.util.LoggerStream.println(LoggerStream.java:93)

at com.amfam.ratechng.TestServlet.doPost(TestServlet.java:185)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

at
tionFilterChain.java:252)

at
erChain.java:173)

at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilte
r.java:96)

at
tionFilterChain.java:202)

at
erChain.java:173)

at
e.java:213)

at
e.java:178)

at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAs
sociationValve.java:175)

at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.j
ava:74)

at
:126)

at
:105)

at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnecti
onValve.java:156)

at
java:107)

at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
48)

at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:86
9)

at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proc
essConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)

at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
.java:527)

at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorker
Thread.java:112)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)