poi-user mailing list archives

From Georgios Samaritakis <samar...@ics.forth.gr>
Subject Re: Ptg error when trying to modify Excel file
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 19:04:38 GMT
O/H Nick Burch έγραψε:
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Georgios Samaritakis wrote:
>
>> When trying to use an Excel file as template to create a new Excel I get
>> the following Exception:
>>
>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Coding Error:
>> This method should never be called. This ptg should be converted
>>         at
>> org.apache.poi.hssf.record.formula.RefNVPtg.writeBytes(RefNVPtg.java:50)
>>         at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.DVRecord.serialize(DVRecord.java:467)
>>

> DVRecord support is fairly new, so it's quite possible something is
> missing. Looking at org/apache/poi/hssf/record/SharedFormulaRecord,
> there's some code in there to tweak things like RefNVPtg into alternate
> Ptg entries. I'm guessing we may need to call something similar from
> DVRecord too
>
> Any chance you could upload the problem file to bugzilla? That way we'll
> have something to test against
>
> Nick

After deleting 2 complex combos (something like choosing country US and
then fill the next combo only with US states...) and just leaving simple
drop-down lists the Exception stopped happening.
However the cloned Excel file does not have any drop-down lists!
Is there a test Excel file with drop-down that gets cloned properly
(because I'll have to ...clean up mine to upload it)

Giorgos