poi-user mailing list archives

From Potnuru Arvind <parvind3...@gmail.com>
Subject HSLF - Editing Excel chart object in PPT
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:31:42 GMT

Hi,

We would like to know whether we can embedd a Excel chart in a Power point
slide using POI. In our requirement the charts can pre-cooked but the data
for the chart needs to be dynamic. Is there a provision for doing this in
HSLF?

In otherwords, we want to embed an chart in power point, when user double
clicks on it, he should be able to see the Excel within the power point and
must be able to edit the data. We also want this editing being available
programatically as well using POI API. Is there a way to do this? If so, any
pointers on this would be of great help.

Thanks