poi-user mailing list archives

From "Rick Root" <rick.r...@webworksllc.com>
Subject Re: 64K Row Limit In Excel and POI
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:19:46 GMT
On 1/15/08, Borisov, Viktor <Viktor.Borisov@gs.com> wrote:

> The current version of Excel handles max 64K rows.

We've just had this discussion, sort of... for the record, the above
is an incorrect statement.  The current version of Excel supports a
million rows + ... but not in the Excel 97/2000/2003 file format

> Will current implementation of
> POI allow to address rows beyond 64K limit?

Apparently, this is something they've just started working on and it
will be "many months" before it's available.

--
Rick Root
New Brian Vander Ark Album, songs in the music player and cool behind