poi-user mailing list archives

From "Rick Root" <rick.r...@webworksllc.com>
Subject POI and the 65536 row limit
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 00:00:34 GMT
List,

I recently started using the poi library (version 2.5 something is
included with Adobe Coldfusion)... and I'm using it to generate excel
spreadsheets.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a limitation of 65536 rows, while
Excel 2007 can handle many many many more.

I've seen other posts saying that it's a limitation of Excel, not of
the POI library - however, since the limitation isn't in Excel 2007
and I still seem to face that limitation when attempting to open files
created by POI, I'm not sure what to do.

Since Excel *DOES* support something like a million rows and thousands
of columns now, does anyone know if newer versions of POI support the
"big grid", or if there are any plans for such support.

Thanks.

--
Rick Root
New Brian Vander Ark Album, songs in the music player and cool behind