poi-user mailing list archives

From Tapan Ghia <tapanghia...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Exception being raised when a shape object is type casted into a table object.
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 12:47:26 GMT
Hello

I am Tapan currently working on presentation module for a product which creates a new presentation
from a existing presentation.

I have created a presentation with a single slide consisting of a table.
Now I am trying to copy the contents (table) in this slide to a new slide in a new presentation.

   I am trying to typecast the shape object into a table object where its throwing a java.lang.ClassCastException
and the shape object which is expected to be a instanceof Table class is returning false in
the following case:
if (sh[j] instanceof Table)

This is the code:
 try{
                  Table tabl=(Table)sh[j];
              }
              catch(Exception e){
                  System.out.println("Exception is caught:"+e);
              }

              if (sh[j] instanceof Table)
              {
                  System.out.println("This is a instance of a table");
                  Table tab =(Table)sh[j];

                  //testing
                  System.out.println("no. of rows:"+tab.getNumberOfRows());
                  System.out.println("no. of  columns:"+tab.getNumberOfColumns());

                  Table table = new Table(tab.getNumberOfRows(), tab.getNumberOfColumns());
                  for (int p = 0; p < tab.getNumberOfRows(); p++) {
                      for (int q = 0; q < tab.getNumberOfColumns(); q++) {
                          TableCell cellold = tab.getCell(p,  q);
                          String test=cellold.getText();

                          //Testing
                          System.out.println("String in the cell"+p+","+q+":"+test);

                          TableCell cell=table.getCell(p,q);
                          cell.setText(test);

                          RichTextRun rt = cell.getTextRun().getRichTextRuns()[0];
                           rt.setFontName("Arial");
                          rt.setFontSize(10);

                          cell.setVerticalAlignment(TextBox.AnchorMiddle);
                          cell.setHorizontalAlignment(TextBox.AlignCenter);
                      }
                  }

                  //set table  borders
                  Line border = table.createBorder();
                  border.setLineColor(Color.black);
                  border.setLineWidth(4.0);
                  table.setAllBorders(border);

                  //set width of the 1st column
                  table.setColumnWidth(0, 300);
                  //set width of the 2nd  column
                  table.setColumnWidth(1, 150);

                  newSlide.addShape(table);

              }

  Can anyone please tell me if i am missing  anything...
Thank you.