poi-user mailing list archives

From Chitão <christian.teixe...@neogrid.com>
Subject File Size Problem!
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 19:55:45 GMT

Hello there,

I know it this has been posted a couple of times, but didn't helped me out..
Some questions:

¿¿Why does the files generated gets bigger??
I saw the byte files, and they are resonably different, some thing from
original missing - no problem with that, who is the creator- but lots of
'-1' bytes at the end of the file, negative bytes from original become valid
bytes, really lots of changes...

¿¿Is this api the old jxl or it's just my impression??

the original file was, 871 windows kb and the outfilename.xls was 966!!

why that? anyone?

thaks for your time!

I'll upload my xls and here goes my super code:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p14604200/qweasd.xls qweasd.xls

	private String         filename     = null;

	protected HSSFWorkbook hssfworkbook = null;

	public GenerateProductionExcelAction(String inFile, String outFile)
	throws IOException
	{
		this.filename = inFile;
		POIFSFileSystem fs =
			new POIFSFileSystem(new FileInputStream(inFile));

		hssfworkbook = new HSSFWorkbook(fs);

		HSSFWorkbook     wb     = hssfworkbook;
		FileOutputStream stream = new FileOutputStream(outFile);

		wb.write(stream);
		stream.close();

	}

	public static void main(String [] args)
	{
		String fin = "qweasd.xls";
		String fout = "outfilename.xls";
		try
		{
			GenerateProductionExcelAction  hssf   = new
GenerateProductionExcelAction(fin, fout);
		}
		catch (Exception e)
		{
			e.printStackTrace();