poi-user mailing list archives

From Rainer Schwarze <...@admadic.de>
Subject Re: Problem with word documents
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:22:37 GMT
chris.b wrote:
> seen as it only happens with documents that are created and saved using open
> office, could that be the problem?
> i know that this part has nothing to do with poi, but should i in that case
> try using the open office sdk to handle word documents?
>
> thank you
>
> Chris

I just tried to open a OpenOffice generated Word file in my HWPF version
and it worked without problems. If you can send me a sample file, I can
take a look at it.
Regarding the Open Office SDK: I never used it so I can't say much about
it - if it works for you, you may have less trouble reading all the
different Word files. It depends a bit on how complex your files are
(full blown fancy flyers made in Word or simple reports consisting of
text mainly...).

Best wishes, Rainer