poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: Copy Formula to new row/column
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:49:26 GMT
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Tim Wilkins wrote:
> If that solution is feasibly then it would certainly solve the issue of
> having to compile a custom version of POI. Allowing external code to
> utilise the FormulaParser class which would be very handy indeed!

I've added a static helper method to usermodel.HSSFFormulaEvaluator

As it's in the usermodel package, it's able to get at the protected
getWorkbook method on a HSSFWorkbook. This then creates the underlying
model.FormulaParser for you.

Hopefully that'll allow you to get at what you need, without leading to
the confusion of new users if we just let everyone at model.Workbook

(You'll need to do a svn checkout / update to get the new methods)

Nick