poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: Changing .DOC files with HWPF and .PPT files with HSLF
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:06:04 GMT
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Luiz Antonio Falaguasta Barbosa wrote:
> And what about the text formatting of files generated? Could I choose
> the format of values before generate the files?

That ought to be fine. As long as you step down to the lowest level of
text (character run in word, RichTextRun in powerpoint) and change the
text there, then your new text ought to get the same formatting as the old
token had.

(Slight caveat - the formatting stuff in hwpf can sometimes get confused
when changing text, so you might hit issues. Alas we're in need of a new
hwpf champion to fix this sort of thing)

> And what about the insertion of images, can I change a key by an image?

I don't think that's possible, no. Off the top of my head, I can't think
of any parts of HWPF that allow adding images, and I don't think the HSLF
image code supports that sort of thing yet (but Yegor might prove me
wrong!)

Nick