poi-user mailing list archives

From Rainer Schwarze <...@admadic.de>
Subject Re: Changing .DOC files with HWPF and .PPT files with HSLF
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 22:25:39 GMT
Luiz Antonio Falaguasta Barbosa wrote:
> On 10/11/07, Nick Burch <nick@torchbox.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Luiz Antonio Falaguasta Barbosa wrote:
>>> And what about the insertion of images, can I change a key by an image?
>> I don't think that's possible, no. Off the top of my head, I can't think
>> of any parts of HWPF that allow adding images, and I don't think the HSLF
>> image code supports that sort of thing yet (but Yegor might prove me
>> wrong!)

Hi Luiz,

Nick is right regarding adding images in HWPF.
Insertion of images in HWPF would also require modifying the so called
data stream in the file which is not taken care of at all now. So it
would take some heavier changes to support adding images.

If it works for you, you could try to insert fields which only refer to
external images without storing a copy in the document.
(INCLUDEPICTURE?) If that's an option, I could offer some advice on
trying to do it - maybe that works, maybe not.

Best wishes,
Rainer