poi-user mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: Insert EMF pictures in Excel
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 04:41:34 GMT
Yes, it is a bug. Currently only PNG and JPEG images can be inserted.
For other formats you will get  "File error: data may have been
lost".
The problem is that the binary data for WMF and EMF should be
"preprocessed" before inserting in a workbook. In case of PNG and JPEG
we just copy the exact contents of a file and it works fine but does
not for EMF/WMF. We didn't yet figure out what's the difference.
Hope the problem will be fixed by POI 3.1.

Yegor