poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: Trouble writing a large file
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:46:51 GMT
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Lance Woodson wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might go about debugging
> this issue?  POI doesn't give any errors, and there is nothing in excel
> that I have found that is more helpful than the message above.

Your best bet is to get two files, one that works, and one that's only had
a single row/cell change and doesn't

Then, use the tools in org.apache.poi.hssf.dev
<http://poi.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/poi/hssf/dev/package-summary.html>
especially BiffViewer to spot what has changed between the two

You might find the poifs.dev tools useful too, which are a lower level,
but might be easier to spot the bytes that've changed
<http://poi.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/poi/poifs/dev/package-summary.html>

Nick