poi-user mailing list archives

From shishir patil <shishir...@yahoo.com>
Subject Error reading Spreadsheet - Unhandled Continue Record
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:31:55 GMT
Hi,

I am getting "Unhandled Continue Record" exception while reading Excel Spreadsheet. I checked
the source code and found that error is coming from RecordFactory.createRecords() method.
It is coming while processing Continue record which has lastRecord as EOFRecord. I do not
see any if-else block in RecordFactory.createRecord() which takes care of this scenario.

Below are few debug statements. Debug statement format is like this

  className|SID from RecordInputStream|className From recordsMap for given SID

  RecordFactory|515|public org.apache.poi.hssf.record.NumberRecord(org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordInputStream)
RecordFactory|4197|null
RecordFactory|10|public org.apache.poi.hssf.record.EOFRecord(org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordInputStream)
RecordFactory|60|public org.apache.poi.hssf.record.ContinueRecord(org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordInputStream)

Exception is thrown right after above statement. Below is the partial exception...

06-09-2007|11:37:18|ERROR|MetricsProcess|STACK TRACE:
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFormatException: Unhandled Continue Record
 at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecords(RecordFactory.java:151)
 at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:205)
 at att.esm.action.MetricsProcess.execute(MetricsProcess.java:74)
..
..
..
  Please let me know how I can avoid this error.

Thank you.
Shishir Patil

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos &
more.