poi-user mailing list archives

From "Paolo Sacconier" <axa1...@gmail.com>
Subject HSSF pivot tables support status
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:22:56 GMT
Hi everybody,
I need to use poi to generate excel files with two sheets, filling the
first one with data and keeping the second one that contains a pivot
table (that points to the newly inserted data) auto updated on file
open using a macro.

As reported here: http://poi.apache.org/hssf/limitations.html I know
that under some circumstances rewriting files with pivot tables with
poi works.

But as I keep getting an InvocationTargetException caused by an
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException while creating my HSSFWorkbook, I was
wondering how I have to create my template file with the pivot table
to make it readable with poi.

I'm using poi 3.0.1 (same problem with 2.5.1), using a newly created
excel file saved in excel97 format.

Searching with google and in this list I couldn't find any further advice.

Can anybody point me to a working example? Is there anybody that
successfully read xls with pivot tables?

TIA for your help!
--
Paolo Sacconier