poi-user mailing list archives

From <Gordon.Colb...@AmericanSystems.com>
Subject [[nosig]] How can I copy rows or cells and preserve formatting
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2007 19:42:12 GMT
I am using POI to generate reports from a Java application. For various
reasons, I would like to be able to tweak the format of the report using
excel rather than POI. My approach to this is to create a report
template using excel. My application would then open the template and,
for each row in the report, simply copy a row from the template onto the
report, and then fill in the values. However, I have not found a way to
copy a row or cell via POI in such a way that preserves formatting. Is
it possible to do this with POI? The copying of rows or cells would be
between worksheets but within the same workbook.

Thanks in advance,

Gordon