poi-user mailing list archives

From <apachem...@charter.net>
Subject Re: Spreadsheet File Size
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:25:33 GMT
That's what I thought, too.  I was setting a style on each cell and upgraded to POI version
3.0 in order to be able to set a style on a column.  Setting a default style for a column
did not seem to have an effect on the file size.  Is there another way to set styles that
is better?

---- Tahir Akhtar <tahir@spectrum-tech.com> wrote:
> Look into the per-cell records you are creating. For example you might
> be creating a unique Cell Format object for each cell although all the
> cell contain same formatting.
> apachemail@charter.net wrote:
> > Does anyone have any suggestions on optimizing the file size of an Excel spreadsheet
created with POI?

> > I need to create a spreadsheet with a relatively large amout of data (5-8 full sheets
with 10 or so columns) and when I create it with POI it is more than twice the size as when
I create it manually.