poi-user mailing list archives

From thomas908 <anshulkayas...@hcl.in>
Subject Identifying in bold, italics, underline using POI
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 12:08:25 GMT

We are using Apache POI 3.0 for reading values from an excel sheet.
We have a requirement which requires us to identify if some word in the
excel sheet is in bold or italics or underline.

Can anyone please tell me how to do this?

This is the code I am using

      void func()
      {

             try{

                        InputStream fis = new
FileInputStream("C:/bind.xls");;
                        POIFSFileSystem fs = new POIFSFileSystem( fis );
                  HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook(fs);
                  HSSFSheet sheet = wb.getSheetAt(0);
                  HSSFRow row=sheet.getRow(0);
                        HSSFCell cell=row.getCell((short)0);

                        HSSFRichTextString
rts=cell.getRichStringCellValue();
                      System.out.println("----"+rts);

             }catch(Exception e)
             {
                   e.printStackTrace();
             }

      }
The problem is once the value of cell is fetched in the code all formatting
is lost. Please tell me how to find out the formatting.

The value in cell could be something like

"abc pqr xyz"

where pqr is in bold,
abc is in italics