poi-user mailing list archives

From Dónal Doyle <Donal.Do...@idiro.com>
Subject RE: corrupt after rewriting
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:43:36 GMT
Should you be saving the file as project.xls and not project.xsl?

Donal Doyle
Idiro Technologies
Synergy Centre, ITT Dublin,
Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland

T +353.1.657.2956
M+353.86.876.1952
F +353.1.443.0582
E: donal.doyle@idiro.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Amir Hossein Sharifzadeh [mailto:amirsharifzadeh@gmail.com]
Sent: 26 June 2007 11:38
To: user@poi.apache.org
Subject: corrupt after rewriting

Dear Sir/ Madam
I need to read from Excel, change some data and rewrite in same excel like
these codes:
// reading
POIFSFileSystem poifsFileSystem;
hssfWorkbook = new HSSFWorkbook(poifsFileSystem, false);

// change data from some cells in hssfWorkbook

//  Rewriting:
                FileOutputStream outputStream =
                    new FileOutputStream(CONFIG_PATH);
                hssfWorkbook.write(outputStream);
                outputStream.close();

after writing, when I open again this file, I see this file was damaged and
many content of my data have lost. I get this warning:
Excel file unreachable content in 'project.xsl'. Do you want to recover the
content of this workbook?......
please help me how can I rerwrite to Excel file without these problems.
Thanks a lot