poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: 3.0 release (and maven)
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:48:42 GMT
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Joerg Hohwiller wrote:
>  <issueManagement>
>    <system>bugzilla</system>
>    <url>http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/</url>
>  </issueManagement>

Thanks, I've updated that

> BTW: I assume that we are just talking about maven2 here and NOT about
> maven1.

Since that seems to be the version most people use, I guess so. As I said,
I'm not a maven user myself, and I normally end up with a headache
whenever I try and learn....

> Since you have 3 artifacts (jar-files): poi, poi-contrib, poi-scratchpad
> you will need 3 individual pom.xml files. The poi-contrib and
> poi-scratchpad also need dependencies. Further you could think about
> creating an additional pom file to keep the parent metadata (licnese,
> scm, issueManagement, etc.) out of the other pom's and avoid
> redundancies. But since you named the main artifact "poi" and not e.g.
> "poi-core" this might not fit here.

I don't think it'd be too hard to have the ant build file spit out three
poms from the same template. That would also save us the faff of deciding
what needs to get split into a parent pom, what doesn't etc.

For contrib and scratchpad, I guess we want to call the output pom
something like poi-scratchpad-3.0-final.pom. Is the artificatId then
poi-scratchpad? Is the dependency groupId=org.apache.poi, artificatId=poi,
and version=(same version) ?

> If you want I could create the three POM files for you and attach them
> to the bugzilla issue.

If it's just the scratchpad and contrib poms that need updating (the main
one now being fine), could you do a version for one of them? I can then
work it into the ant build file.

Nick