poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: 3.0 release (and maven)
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:44:58 GMT
On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Joerg Hohwiller wrote:
> Are you planning to put the 3.0 release into the maven repository as
> soon as it is out?

As part of the release process, I'll copy them onto people.apache.org, as
per http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html#repository-guide .
Apparently, the files then appear on the ibiblio mirrors, and all is good.

> Is there something to discuss, that could be done now rather than after
> the release has been pulled out? E.g. if the goupId should change from
> "poi" to "org.apache.poi" what would make sense (lucene did do this
> too).

Given that our java package is org.apache.poi, I don't think that should
be an issue to change. However, I don't use maven, so I have no idea what
sort of an effect that sort of change would have.

Any maven users care to comment? Also, as David said, any help with the
pom files appreciated :)

Also, as well as changing the group id, should I put the files under
/poi/, or under /org.apache.poi/ ? It looks like most apache projects just
use their short name, but a few use org.apache.<name> . We currently use
/poi/.

Nick