poi-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Andrews <pythonadd...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: How to seet Font orientation
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:56:57 GMT
I always tell people at work to 'look at the documentation' and I have signally failed to do
that here, sorry.

Just looked at the javadoc for the HSSFCellStyle class and found that there is a setRotation()
method there. I am guessing that this would allow you to rotate the text within the cell.

Anthony Andrews <pythonaddict@yahoo.com> wrote: Ah, sorry, I misunderstood, you are
talking about the orientation option that is available if you choose Format > Cells >
Alignment whilst in Excel. I have to admit that I do not whether there is a way to accomplish
this or not using HSSF. If it does not prove possible using the API and if you know the cells
that will be affected in advance, there is nothing to prevent you from using an on activation
macro to set the property when the user opens the worksheet using Excel.

clint.barbosa@accenture.com wrote: Yes, that could work but it would just spell out the words
downward,
Is there a way I could set a certain angle of font alignment,
Could be 45º  or  90º (vertically). Thanks for your suggestion Anthony :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Andrews [mailto:pythonaddict@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 4:13 PM
To: POI Users List
Subject: Re: How to seet Font orientation

Hello Clint,

I do not know if there is a single setting to handle this requirement but I reckon you could
quite easily handle it by setting wrapping on for the cell and then creating a method that
generates the cell contents by simply inserting a new line character between each letter -
or group of letters depending on your requirement.

clint.barbosa@accenture.com wrote: Hi,

Is it possible to set the style of cell to write the cell value
vertically  ?  If so, pls help thanks!

regards,
Clint S. Barbosa

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.