poi-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Andrews <pythonadd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: trying to use POI with a DOT file
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 17:36:56 GMT
Christian

I have created a .zip archive and uploaded it to RapidShare a file sharing site. You can recover
it by following this link;

http://rapidshare.com/files/19553352/OLE_Demo.zip.html

A screen will open that asks whether you want to use the Premium or Free service, choose Free
and you should be able successfully to download the archive after a short wait.

Once you get the archive, unzip it into a folder somewhere and have a look at the ReadMe.rtf
file. It explains what the contents are and should get you started with OLE/COM automation.
Currently, the code only opens a file, inserts some text at a bookmark and then saves the
file under a different name. If I have the time tonight, I will add the ability to insert
tables - the VBA seems quite straightforward. Anyway, have a play with the code and see if
you think it offers a way forward; it is quite easy to add features if you require them later.
Remember that it is ONLY demonstration code and so you should not try to run it in a production
environment. Furthermore, because JNI is at the heart of everything it will only work on a
Windows platform and cannot be safely run on a network.

Christian Bongiorno <cbongiorno@electrosoft-inc.com> wrote: That would rock!

Anything would be better than working with almost 1000 lines of
hardcoded XML!

Christian

Anthony Andrews wrote:
> Have had the chance to look around on my PC this morning and found a piece of test code
I wrote ages ago that uses SWT to open a Word document template (.dot file), insert some text
at various bookmarks, print the document and then save it away again.